The Chapter Vice-President is always the Chair of the Membership Committee.
Background and mission:
The mission of the Membership Committee is to stimulate and encourage membership and involvement in the American Fisheries Society and to encourage professional certification among Alaska Chapter members.
- Maintain an up-to-date roster of the names and addresses of all Chapter members.
- Contact members who become delinquent each year, determine their reasons for dropping out, and attempt to recruit them to active membership.
- Take other such measures as it deems appropriate and effective to stimulate interest in the Society and to recruit fisheries professionals for membership.
- Be responsible for and encourage professional certification of Chapter members.
- Encourage recruitment of Student members who are likely to develop into committed life-long members of the Society.